Join Maeve for a delightful exploration of the hardworking food artisans and distillers in the back streets of Marrickville.
Thursday is production day and we start with a freshly roasted coffee then see the magic of burrata being made alongside fresh ricotta, and taste buffalo mozzarella and fetta; enjoy a signature gin and tonic at an artisan distillery; visit an ethical Butcher; have lunch at the retro Lucky Prawn Restaurant at the Bob Hawke Leisure Centre; sample some delicious gelato…and there’s more. A walking tour delving into food traditions from around the world. Limited numbers. Fitness – you’ll walk over 2 kilometres during this safari so you do need to be mobile.
Tour meets in Marrickville
- seeing an Italian father and son cheesemaking team create burrata
- taste warm, naturally sweet just-made ricotta and ice-cream
- learn some of the key ingredients that will sparkle up your cooking repertoire
- sneaky artisan gin tasting too!
- truly a food lover’s dream