A perfect multi cuisine safari that explores exotic ingredients across Persian, Lebanese, Turkish, Indian and Sri Lankan cuisines. From saffron and barberries, aged basmati rice, a delicious golden eggplant dish finished with dried mint, date molasses and tahini dip in the Persian world; on to sumac and pepper paste, pistachio Turkish delight and big plump olives in the Turkish world; to a range of luscious dips and dishes like moghrabieh (Israeli couscous) mixed with chick peas and sprinkled with baharat served with tiny cups of just-made coffee in the Lebanese world; to lunch with one of the legends of Indian cuisine in Sydney – Kumar Mahadevan and family present a delicious lunch in his stylish restaurant open just for us PLUS he gives a cooking demonstration of how two great dishes are made; then on to a tea demonstration and delicious snacks from three charming Indian brothers and a visit to a Sri Lankan emporium with fresh curry leaves, freshly ground coconut, many pickles and chutneys and ingredients. Includes coach transport, tea, tastings and lunch.
- Learn about saffron from our Persian hosts and how to use it perfectly
- See two easy recipes come together in one of Sydney’s top Indian kitchens
- Taste traditional foods from Turkish, Lebanese, Persian and Indian hosts
- Learn about classic Indian spiced tea chai and how to make it at home
- Enjoy a day of many flavours and gracious hospitality
Bus Safari – departs from and returns to Central Station.